One of the more important attributes to a web site is its identity. Many have a unique graphic that quickly visually identifies with the site.
As this site is intended to ultimately reflect and address the needs and interests of the users, I would like the site to have a graphic (icon) that the users have had a hand in producing and selecting.
Our first contest will be held to develop a graphic which will uniquely identify with AfZine.Net (to be used on this site and by others directing traffic to the site).
Designs should be simple and clean and such that they will hold up whether reproduced in the masthead or employed as an icon in browsers.
Desired Design Specifications
- Digital format (TIFF or hi-res JPEG)
- 2w:1h to 4w:1h aspect ratio
- 240+ dpi
- Send attached to an email to: Contest
- Subject line should be Logo Contest
- Body of email should contain your name, (snail mail) address, and any comments you may have
- Each (serious*) entry will be awarded two free Web Page Ad Move Ups.
- Base Prizes will be 'Ad MoveUps' on the site as well as other items if we are so lucky as to have readers donate to a prize pool. The submitter of the winning entry will receive one free alias forward email account for the life of the site and 20 (twenty) 'Ad MoveUps.
- Indiviuals entering a graphic in the contest must own the copyright. That means they created it themselves or legally optained the copyright from those that did.
- Submission of an entry grants AfZine.Net only limited copyright use. Specifically to display the entry on the site for others to see and comment on during the contest or in any article written about the contest.
- Unless selected as the winning entry, copyright is retained by the entrant.
- By entering, the winner has acknowledged that they will execute a legal transfer of the copyright ownership for the winning entry to AfZine.Net (or its agent) before prizes are awarded.
It is hoped that there will be prizes beyond the primary winner but that is dependant upon the generosity of the users. Donate a prize.
There currently is no deadline defined. (The initial response has been underwhelming, as of 1 May 2011 we have had no entries.) Once a deadline is established, it will be announced at least 60 days prior to the closing of the contest. If no entry is found to be satisfactory for the intended use, prizes will still be awarded to the best entry but the copyright transfer will be waived.
Your ideas, comments, and questions on this effort are solicited. Comments and ideas
* We reserve the right to reject a submission if (in our opinion) the submitter is flooding the contest with entries that are intended only to garner free ads.